Friday, April 19, 2013

Who is Susie Sad Eyes?

As an avid Blythe doll collector, (see http://searchingforblythe.blogspot.ca/) I considered myself a purist never to step outside the Blythe Kingdom until someone asked if I'd heard about Susie Sad Eyes. Susie Sad Eyes was a frugally produced doll circa 1960s by several companies under different names: Sad Eyes, Susie Sad Eyes, Susie Slicker and even a Soul Sister. I purchased my first Susie Sad Eyes off ebay and thought I had been duped when she arrived a month later in the mail.

First Susie Sad Eyes, purchased August 2012
Gack! Her hair was sparse and appeared to be cut in places by a six year old beautician. Her skin was pale and sickly looking, her clothes tattered and worn. It was then that the unexpected happened; I fell in love with this horrible looking doll and our adventures together began!

No comments:

Post a Comment